Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas List Item #1: Canon PowerShot G7


Ok, so I've had my eye on this camera ever since it came out a few months ago. Although it's a bit bigger than the gadgets I usually buy, I think I'm willing to sacrifice the size for functionality. I've always wanted to move beyond the standard point-and-shoot camera, but I'm still not up for the task of lugging around a huge DSLR everywhere I go. The Canon G7 is a nice in-between camera because the size is manageable and it has basic manual capabilities that allow the user some control.


Here are some features from dpreview.com:
  • 10.0 Megapixels
  • 6x optical zoom lens with optical Image Stabilizer and SR coating
  • DIGIC III and iSAPS with Advanced Noise Reduction and Face Detection AF/AE
  • 2.5” high-resolution LCD with wide viewing angle and anti-glare coating
  • ISO 1600 for flash-free, low light shooting
  • Ergonomic design with dedicated ISO and Multi Control dials for fast, easy operation
  • 25 shooting modes including full manual control and 2 custom settings
  • Extra telephoto reach with Digital Tele-Converter and Safety Zoom

The list price for the Canon G7 is $599.99....even though it sells on Amazon.com and other sites for less, it's still a lot of $$$ to fork over for a camera. Hopefully Santa will be good to me this year...if not, I'll have to find a new job and buy it for myself.

No comments: